Sunday, July 10, 2022

"What is it Like To Be a Sailor"

 I read this joke and I have to say, I did almost Twenty-Three years in the ol’ Canoe Club, and there is a reason I call it the ol’ Canoe Club. Sometimes … Sometimes … the similarities were astounding…




What is it like being in the Navy?

Oh, I’m glad you asked…

Imagine being told that your group of people has to eat this large pot of chicken broth in an hour. Too easy, right? And everyone is handed a knife, a spoon, and a fork. And it’s just chicken broth. So your Chief is so excited, he grabs the fork and starts eating. Then he tells everyone else to do the same.

But you, only being a Seaman, but having had experience eating broth before are like…

“Hey, we should use the spoons.”

… but everyone else is like …

“Well, Chief said to use the fork.”

… and you’re like …       

“But the spoon makes more sense. I mean, that’s exactly what the spoon was made for.”

But everyone continues to use the fork. When it’s not working out too well, someone suggests you use a mallet. You just look at the group, then at the spoon, then back at the group again, then the spoon again, then you start to cry as you count the days until your contract ends…

That’s the Navy!

 

 

( FiN )



6 comments:

  1. Twenty-Three years, eh? Looks like we found out who the chief that uses forks for broth is…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you didn't have to deal with any bullshit while you were in? I think he hot it right on the mark. Sometimes they made you force a square peg in a round whole. You could get it in there, but should you?

      Delete
  2. I’ve fit bigger things in smaller places…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like first experience in Japan trying to eat soup with chopsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people are leader's, most people are followers. You can pick which one you want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I used to say “ we’ll do it my way cause I’m in charge, when you’re in charge we’ll do it your way. “

    ReplyDelete