Thursday, January 21, 2021

"Art of Bill Ward"

Bill Ward was a cartoonist widely known for his risqué artwork. He was most notably known for his artwork in his comic strip Torchy and the Adventures of Pussycat but later wrote short comics and did art for the likes of Humorama, Sex to Sexty, as well as many other magazines. His work has been notable in the mainstream as well with the likes of Blackhawk, Captain Marvel Jr., and Judge Dredd. I hope you enjoy this little collection of his sailor work…


“Now hear this! The next time you find a stowaway in my cabin, leave it to me!”



Yeah, women are a problem, but I sure would like to wrestle with that one…



“The last time I left with a dame like you, I got a black eye and a shot in the ass!”



“Oh, just some souvenirs … “



“Torchy”


“Pussy Cat”












How do mistakes like this happen? 



“What in the world are you two fighting about? There are plenty of coconuts to go around…” 









“More Torchy”












 “But she’s my girl in every port!”






(Fin) 


1 comment: