Friday, January 22, 2021

"Farmer's Daughters"




A farmer's three daughters leave one night for dates with their new boyfriends, one an Airman, the other a Soldier, and the third a Sailor. The girls all bring their dates home that night, and the next morning, the farmer wakes up bright and early at 05:30 AM to cook breakfast and meet the boys his daughters had brought home. 

The Soldier comes down at 5:45 AM, clean, pressed, and spit-shined, eats two eggs, an apple, and a glass of milk, says, "Thank you for breakfast, sir", and leaves. 

The Airman comes down looking fairly squared-away at 06:30 AM, eats three eggs,
two slices of bacon, two pieces of toast, and has a glass of orange juice. He says, "Thanks for the chow" and walks out the front door. 

At 10:00 AM, the farmer gets tired of sitting inside, so heads to the back yard to do some chores ...

Then he sees the Sailor comes dashing out of the house, dress white top stained,
neckerchief missing, one shoe in one hand, and a scorched old cup of coffee in the other, and yells "Later!" on his way out of the yard and down the street.

His daughters come down a short time later, and he asks them all for
accounts of their evenings...

 The girl who'd been out with the Airman says,

"He was a perfect gentleman.  He bought me dinner and a couple of drinks,
gave me a hundred dollars to buy myself something nice, and retired at 22:00
to the spare bedroom to sleep". 

The girl who'd been out with the Soldier said,

"He was a nice guy, we each paid for our own meals, and he tried to
sneak a kiss from me.  He was sort of drunk, so I let him sleep in my bed,
while I took the floor, but, he did give me fifty dollars to buy myself
something nice". 

The third daughter, looking ragged and worn down, talking about her date with the Sailor says, 

"That asshole!  He came over last night smelling like booze and finished a bottle of whiskey he'd brought with him.  He passed out on my bed last night after repeatedly trying to get my pants off, and this morning he borrowed a hundred bucks 'til payday."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment