Tuesday, April 5, 2022

"Having Fun with Base Security"




Active-duty Sailors often ask me what I do now that I’m retired to keep things interesting. I’ll give an example…

I went to the Fort Lewis McChord PX the other day to pick up a package. I was only there for about five minutes. When I came out there was base security writing a parking ticket. I went up to him and said …

“Come on buddy, don’t be a jerk. How about giving a retiree a break?”

He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. I called him an explicative as he glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires. So I called him another even worse explicative as he finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing me a third ticket. This went on for about twenty minutes. The more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote…

But I didn’t care. My car was parked around the corner, and this one had a big ol’ bumper sticker that read “Army of One.” 




No comments:

Post a Comment