Thursday, May 19, 2022

"If you Love Somebody Set Them Free"

 



This is a no-shitter…

As the old story goes, shortly after Bootcamp I was having relationship problems with ol’ Suzie Rotten Crotch back home. I went to see the Chaplain as I was so distraught and he said…

“If you love somebody set them free.”

… I said …

“Hey, that’s the line of a song by Sting.”

“If she comes back, you know she’s yours. If not, then she was never yours, to begin with.”

That was some sage advice he gave me.

… Then he said …

“Kid let me tell you something else. If she just sits in your house, messes up your stuff, eats your food, is on the phone all the damned time, and constantly spends your money then you either married it or gave birth to it… and you’re better off without it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment