Saturday, May 7, 2022

"Subic Dog Watch Dreary"

 Another great one from the Preacher!



Once upon a dog watch dreary

When I was so awful teary

Thinking of the joys that waited down in Subic Bay,

As I scratched my ass so hairy

Drinking coffee (black, no dairy)

Came the chief then down the ladder waddling as he went his way.

"Watch bill's screwed," he lowly muttered

As my heart then madly fluttered.

He waved a paper gaily rustling, rustling then beneath my nose.

"You shouldn't be here. Relief's approaching.

"Listen now and heed my coaching.

"Get into your whites, lad, you should go to Pauline's or T-Rose."

Quickly up the ladder sprinting,

Happy eyes through teardrops glinting,

To the head then down to berthing, singing a glad song of praise

Ere long Magoos I would be quaffing,

With honeykos hugging, laughing,

And with a full and loaded wallet I could have my choice of lays.

Close unto the midnight hour

I left my sultry Asian flower

On her rumpled sheets that smelled of perfume, beer and lusty joy

Faster than a greyhound pacing

Up the brow I soon was racing

Giving thanks for Subic, mateys,

Thanks that I was a sailor boy!


( Fin )




2 comments: