Saturday, September 18, 2021

"A Sailor'n Past"

 Sailors have gained a reputation the world over. Rather Good, Bad, or Ugly … the reputation of a Sailor cannot be white-washed by today’s politically correct do-gooders! There is a reason why as the old saying goes, we “drink like a sailor, cuss like a sailor, spend money like a sailor, and have a girl in every port!” From the local advertisement to the patches on our jackets to the welcome home signs awaiting us on the pier, we have been characterized the world over. They even have played Sailors on Broadway! I say don’t resist the temptation, just join us in our debauchery … he, he!!! Remember the “Off Limits” bulletins they used to post before liberty at any given port? Remember how that seemed to be the place every sailor ended up? Well, here’s a little ditty for you in remembrance of your sailor’n days gone past…


I’ll dive for five,

I’ll bend for ten.

No muff’s too tuff

That I’ve been in.

‘Cause I’m a sailor

And I’ve got class.

If you don’t like me,

Just bite my ass!

 

I hope you enjoy the pics…





























































(Fin)


1 comment:

  1. Damn straight Dan. But them WAS different days we both know... tho maybe not so different perhaps as disguised... Sailors still be sailors, fer good 'er bad, prob will always be so, and doubtful we'll ever change so much the Queen O Sea wont remember and welcome us home come our time. - Chief
    https://youtu.be/JQLOMpXN2oo

    ReplyDelete