Sunday, September 4, 2022

"Sailors Say the Corniest Things"

 


While pulling into the pier from a long deployment …

“Who’s the gal with the ugly face?”

“That’s my wife!”

“Lovely figure she has.”

 

While discussing relationships with shipmates…

“I’ve spent a fortune on my girl’s face.”

“Paying for expensive cosmetics?”

“No, feeding her in expensive restaurants.”

 

Ship’s Boatswain getting after his deck force…

“I wish you wouldn’t whistle while you work.”

“I wasn’t working, I was only whistling.”

 

Two sailors sitting in the cruise lounge …

“What’s that book there you got?”

“What every woman wants.”

“Hand it over, so I can see if they spelled my name right!”

 

Two sailors sitting around telling ghost stories …

“What’s that person called who brings you in contact with the spirit world?”

“A bartender?”

 

A Sailor to his girlfriend …

“Ever since I met you, I can’t eat,  I can’t drink, I can’t sleep …”

“But why?”

“I’m broke!”

 

A Sailor talking to the barmaid as he’s sitting down at the bar …

“Boy am I thirsty!”

“I’ll get you water.”

“I said thirsty, not dirty!”

 

Two Sailors talking about their wives …

“My wife is very hard to please.”

“She must have just gotten that way.”

“Why do you say that?”

“She married you didn’t she?”

 

A Sailor explaining himself at Captain’s Mast…

“Sir, all I want is some justice.”

“Son, I’d like to help, but Seaman-Recruit is the lowest rank I can give you!”



Fin )

1 comment: