Sunday, December 2, 2018

"RTC San Diego"




Recruits at Navy Boot Camp in San Diego were expected to comply with a strict set of regulations. One rule called for boots to stand at rigid attention without moving. The Boot Camp is near the San Diego Airport, and planes continually flew overhead. In ranks outside the galley, a Company Commander noticed one Seaman Recruit watching an airborne aircraft…

"Would you like to be on that plane?"

… the CC barked.

"No, sir!

… he replied.

 "And why not?"

"It's incoming, sir!"


4 comments:

  1. Yep I remember it well,in 1976 I had OSC Shemaria (sp) for a CC we made color company because of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the Color Company reward was primarily spearheaded by RCPO Upton, whom Shemaria shafted at the very end.

      Delete
  2. I remember RTC/NTC SAN DIEGO. In Nov 1982 I was assigned to company 208 of Eighth Division Under CC EM1 Vencencio. We graduated on 06Jan1983, and I was marched across base to my next command @ NTC/SSC BE&EProgram Carroll 451T016. Fun times spending my weekends in Tijuana, MX.

    ReplyDelete