Saturday, June 17, 2023

"Jimmy Buffet "

 When asked about one of his greatest experiences of all time, Jimmy Buffet beamed …

“Easy. Taking off and landing on an aircraft carrier in an F-14 Navy jet fighter. Top of the list. I rode in the navigator’s seat ... Unbelievable. There’s nothing like it. It's beyond anything you can describe. I fly, but this takes flying to another level.”

“I always wanted to do it,” he said. “I used to drive over to Pensacola from Mobile, and I'd see all the Navy officers in flight training. I'd see these guys tearing up the sky, then driving sports cars, and they'd have their uniforms on, and it looked pretty snappy. If I had not become a musician, I would probably have become a pilot. Something had to get me out of my dull existence in Mobile. I wanted to see the world, and these guys moved and traveled, and I wanted to go. That was just in my blood. I always was a road dog.”

Jimmy is also famous for claiming to be a ‘Pirate’ two-hundred years too late!




2 comments:

  1. wasn't Jimmy the SON OF A SON OF A SAILOR?







    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when he was a Kid he hung out with captain never used to miss the chance to listen to his many tales of life upon the sea

      Delete