Saturday, January 12, 2019

"An Ode To Subic"



Here’s an ode to Subic from the Preacher Man Owyn Bradford! Enjoy…

Once upon a dog watch dreary
When I was so awful teary
Thinking of the joys that waited down in Subic Bay!

As I scratched my ass so hairy
Drinking coffee (black, no dairy)
Came the chief down the ladder waddling as he went his way!

"Watch Bill's screwed," he lowly muttered
As my heart then madly fluttered.
He waved a paper gaily, rustling then beneath my nose!

"You shouldn't be here. Relief's approaching.”
"Listen now and heed my coaching.”
"Get in your whites, lad, and go to Pauline's or T-Rose!"

Quickly up the ladder sprinting,
Happy eyes through teardrops glinting,
To the head then down to berthing, singing glad song of praise!

Ere long Magoos I would be quaffing,
With Honeykos hugging, laughing,
With a full and loaded wallet I could have my choice of lays!

Close unto the midnight hour
I left my sultry Asian flower
On her rumpled sheets smelled of perfume, beer and lusty joy!

Faster than a greyhound pacing
Up the brow I soon was racing
Giving thanks for Subic, Mateys, thanks I was a sailor boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment