Thursday, June 16, 2011

"For Better or For Worse"

This one goes way back to my days on the BAGLADY……..

Does anyone remember the time when we 'Crackerjacks' had Playboy pin-ups in every locker or risqué pin-up art on the water tight doors of the ship's offices. These were traditional heir-looms of the ol' boys club I first joined back in the day.

The Ol' Canoe Club has changed over the years and through the course of action and reaction I had been forced kicking and screaming to change with it. Nowadays we have a much more "PC" Navy with women sailors as well as officers that either for better or worse it has been obligatory to enter this marriage of the coed fleet with. This never changed the fact that the 'COC' has always been heavily inundated with or influenced by people that could give me orders they don't understand. I've seen it as a Seaman Recruit to being a "Salty" ol' Chief! But ever so often you get a few good ones in the mix who understand the turmoil and psychology of young men in their sexual prime.

I remember a particular time we had a coed midshipmen cruise in the summer of 1989. There were fifteen or so middies from the Academy and the NROTC program riding the ship for a week. They toured, practiced and operated everything under the sun or red lights to get technical but the female middies were the most appealing. I believe there were two or three. We had one up in the MK68 Director one time during a gun firing exercise. It was Ltjg Meyers, the female middie, and myself. As the new and ever so interested young lady she was, we let her man the Director Officer's position while Mr. Meyers showed her the ropes. Now remember, we didn't get many female types since they didn't allow women on combat ships in those days.

So Mr. Meyers sat in the Director Tracker's chair while he explained in detail our riggings so to speak and how we displayed them in this part of the ship. As she stood there peering out the Director bubble I sat behind the now obsolete range finder peering at her curvaceous bubble butt with an erection as stiff as a dogging wrench... pitching a tent completely losing focus with the task in hand. Mr. Meyers was not oblivious to my indiscretions as he put his hand over my eyeballs until she turned to face him moving her ass out of my sights.

Yeah, that Mr. Meyers was a cool cat. He managed to regain my attention and put me back into focus without identifying the results of me testosterone levels peak’n in the midst of our little training session... but what could be expected of a young twenty-one year old sailor in the waft of a lady's perfume and the tear drop shape of her voluptuous curves nearly brushing up against me on every turn. It nearly took all my practical senses to keep me from making any snide remarks or doing anything that might latently be considered sexual harassment! Yep, I carried on smartly and Mr. Meyers and I had a good laugh about the subject hours later!! He was a gentleman but he wasn't queer, and he understood what made young men tick! Perhaps that is why he was such a good officer and a crew favorite!! He was also the Wardroom's selection as the Wog Queen while crossing the line during our 89-90 WESTPAC deployment!!!


Oh, but let it be known, I still tried to take a peak through the buttons of that middie's blouse as she wasn't wearing a t-shirt underneath. Totally unregulation I might add, but I didn't mind as she was wearing a soft pink brazier. I don't think anyone ever corrected her as they were enjoying the sights as well! Us men, we're such pigs!!!!




6 comments:

  1. Good one!

    I remember when my squadron was selected to be used in the TV show/Movie: Super carrier.

    We were on the JFK and I was getting the actors and actresses in to their flight gear (I was a PR) and I had to tighten an anti-G suit of this young actress. My face was inches away from her crotch and I had a bit of a "hard" time standing up straight when I was finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once commented to the Mustang OOD as a female "yardbird" left the brow, "Sir, look at the shi++er on that critter.

    His reponse, "You might be approaching an 'article', DS2".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been inside one of those gun directors, and there's hardly room to inhale. Never had any females in it though. It was always a fun ride when the ship was in moderate to heavy seas, or doing high speed maneuvers, since it was stabilized in the roll axis. It would go side to side, but stay upright, level with the horizon as the ship rolled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been inside one of those gun directors, and there's hardly room to inhale. Never had any females in it though. It was always a fun ride when the ship was in moderate to heavy seas, or doing high speed maneuvers, since it was stabilized in the roll axis. It would go side to side, but stay upright, level with the horizon as the ship rolled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was the LCPO of the Rec Department at NAS Meridian in the early 80s. I had a female AD3 that was getting kicked out of the Navy over drugs. A 2nd Class MAA and I had to confiscate her seabag prior to her leaving the Air Station. We were in her BAQ room when the MAA noticed she had fatige pants on with a NSN on them. He told her he had to take them also as they were government property. She immediately removed them in front of us and was not wearing any panties un derneith. I quickly hit the door and departed. I just knew my fine Navty career was about to come to an end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love how that kind of stuff works out?!?

      Delete